Cáirde na Scoile have over many years been a very proactive and positive support to the school.
Cáirde na Scoile(Parent Committee)was established back in the Spring 0f 2007.The Committee parents have kindly volunteered their time, talents and enthusiasm to organise a number of activities and events throughout the school year.
The aims of the committee are:
- To provide support to the Principal and the Staff of the school in providing our children with a quality educational environment.
- To organise fundraising events for specific school related projects.
- To enhance the school community by organising social based events.
The following are some of the events organised:
- Coffee mornings/Pancake Days
- Comedy Nights
- Communion and Confirmation celebrations/Halloween Celebrations
- Christmas Raffle
- Table Quizzes
- Women’s Mini Marathon/Jog in the Bog/Sláinte na Mara.
Funds have been used in a number of ways including the purchase of computers, books and help in funding necessary school equipment.
Parents are very welcome to join the Committee at any time during the year. Any suggestions, ideas and support are always very welcome.